Choc Chip Cookies
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 caster sugar or white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat (or in the microwavand set aside to cool slightly. Pour butter into a large bowl and stir in brown sugar and caster sugar until smooth and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg with a whisk or fork and stir into the sugar mixture along with the vanilla.
- Sift flours and baking powder together into a small bowl and then gradually mix into sugar mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto lined baking trays. Then bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Then remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.