Creamy Avocado Carbonara
- 200 g Bacon diced
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 avocado peeled and seed removed
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup green peas frozen
- 400 g angel hair spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add ins: spinach grilled chicken
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick fry pan on medium heat. Fry the bacon until it begins to brown (about 5mins), remove from the pan onto paper towel to remove excess fat.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the avocado, lemon juice, eggs, garlic, olive oil and ½ the parmesan cheese until smooth.
- In the non stick fry pan on medium heat and pour the sauce in to the pan and then quickly stir through the pasta water and pasta. Stir through the peas and remove from the heat.
- At this point you can stir through any add ins like spinach or chicken. Finally season with salt and pepper and serve with remaining cheese.