Pineapple Fried Rice
- 2 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 Red capsicum diced
- 1/2 cup Green peas frozen
- ½ cup Corn frozen
- 1 Carrot diced
- 450 g Brown rice cooked
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ pineapple scooped out of skin and diced
- Before you start, use a large spoon to scoop out the pineapple from the middle of reserving the pineapple half for serving. You can also use tinned pineapple and serve on a large platter.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large wok or fry pan on a high heat. Spread the egg over the pan in a thin layer and cook for 1min. Remove egg to a chopping board and thinly slice.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and fry the onion, capsicum and carrot for 2mins until it begins to soften. Add the corn, peas, pineapple into the pan and fry for another 1min. Finally stir through the rice, cooked egg and soy sauce.
- Scoop the fried rice on to a large platter or into the pineapple halves to serve.