Pork Sausage Rolls
- 500 g Pork Mince
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown Onion finely diced
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 tsp dried Fennel seeds crushed
- 2-3 fresh Sage leaves finely chopped
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Puff pastry sheets cut in half
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan. Fry the onion for 2mins until it begins to soften. Then add in the carrot, fennel seeds, and sage. Cook for another 2mins. Remove the mixture to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool for 5mins. Add the pork mince, salt and pepper, bread crumbs and 1 egg. Use your hands to bring the mixture together.
- Divide the mince mixture into 4, and spread it horizontally along the puff pastry halves. Roll the puff pastry up to form the sausage roll, before closing the log brush the edge of the puff pastry with egg then press down to seal. Slice each log into 6 equal pieces.
- Place sausage rolls on the baking tray and then brush with remaining egg. Bake in the oven for 30mins.