Pumpkin Lentil Rolls
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 200 g spinach roughly chopped
- 400 g tin Brown lentils drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Pumpkin steamed and mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup wholegrain Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Tomato sauce
- 3 sheets Puff pastry cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large frypan on medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 5min until softened and translucent. Remove from heat and stir through the spinach so that it begins to wilt.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, onion, spinach, brown lentils, tomato sauce, bread crumbs and 1 egg.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Lay out the rectangular pastry sheet with the long edge closet to you. Brush egg along the long edge furthest away from you. Get 1/6th of the filling and shape into a long log shape down the middle of the pastry. Ensure the mixture is tight and compact without gaps.
- Roll up the pastry, finishing with the seam side down. Cut each log into 6 equal pieces. Spread them out on a lined baking tray and then brush them with egg and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 30mins until golden.