Hello sweet valentine!!
Rich chocolate with a red raspberry filling and topped with more decadent chocolate ganache – nothing screams valentines day any more!
I love making cupcakes with a secret filling just for the surprise factor! What is it they say on Masterchef? It’s all about the theatre. Well your loved ones are sure to love these especially your chocolate addicted loved ones!
Rich Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
- 1/3 cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 75 g Butter Room Temp
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 200 g Dark chocolate
- 200 g cream
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a 12 capacity muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Place caster sugar and butter in a bowl. Use electric beaters to cream the butter and sugar. Once the butter is light in colour add in the vanilla extra and eggs, one at a time.
- Sift in ¼ of the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt into the butter mixture. Alternate with the milk, stirring in between until a thick mixture forms. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tray. Fill the cupcake liners till they are ¾ full. Bake in the oven for 15-20mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the raspberry jam. In a small saucepan heat the raspberries on low until they start to defrost and fall apart. Then stir in the chia seeds and cook on low for another 5mins. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- To make the ganache. Melt the Chocolate chips and use a fork to whisk in the cream. Cover and place in the fridge to cool down. Once cool, spoon it into a large mixing bowl and use electric beaters to whip it, aerating the ganache.
- Assembly: Use a small knife and spoon to cut out a small cylinder on top of the chocolate muffins and then carefully remove the middle. Fill with raspberry jam and then top the hole with cake crumbs (this allows for easier spreading of the ganache.
- Top with ganache and extra raspberries. If in a hot climate, store in the fridge.
More chocolate recipes you might like: