Salmon Pineapple Skewers with Cucumber Salad
- 500 g Salmon fillets skin off, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ Fresh pineapple 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 8 skewers soaked in water
- 450 g Rice cooked
- 1 continential Cucumber cut into ribbons
- ½ Red onion finally chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic and sesame seeds in a bowl. Stir through the salmon and allow to marinate for 10mins.
- Then thread the salmon and pineapple onto the skewers. Brush any remaining marinate over the skewers.
- Heat a large pan or BBQ. If using a pan add sesame oil to the pan. Cook the skewers for 8mins, turning every 2 mins to brown all sides.
- Meanwhile make the cucumber salad.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard. Then stir through the cucumber ribbons and red onion.
- Serve the salmon skewers on a bed of rice alongside the cucumber salad.