Dippy Eggs and Soldiers
- 2 Eggs at room temperature.
- 2 pieces wholemeal bread
- Butter and vegemite to serve
- Ensure your eggs are bought to room temperature before cooking – this will prevent the shells from cracking when it hits the hot water.
- Fill pan with water and bring to the boil. When the water boils reduce it to a gentle simmer, then place the eggs on a spoon and carefully lower them into the boiling water and simmer for 4minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and run until cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile prepare the toast. Toast bread to your liking and then bread with butter and vegemite (or your choice of topping) and slice into soldiers.
- Place the eggs in egg cups and use a teaspoon to carefully remove the tops of the eggs.