Wholemeal Raspberry Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups Wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs preferably at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 medium lemon about ½ teaspoon
- 1½ cups Frozen Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the wholemeal flour, baking powder, baking soda in a large bowl. In separate bowl whisk together the rice bran oil, honey, eggs, butter milk, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Use a wooden spoon to fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in until just combined. Finally stir through the raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners until they are ¾’s full. Then sprinkle a little raw sugar over the muffins and bake in the oven at 220C for 5min then reduce to 170C for 20-25min or until cooked through.